The face needs to be exercised and toned in the same way we exercise and tone our body. There are approximately 50 muscles in your face, and exercising them has the added benefit of helping eye strain and releasing neck and facial tension. Facial Yoga is a positive and natural way of both maintaining and re-establishing the contours of the face. It helps to promote self confidence, self esteem and a sense of inner well being and 'glow' from the inside. One feels lighter and more uplifted.
- Slowing down the aging process
- Tones the facial and neck muscles, releases tension, increases circulation to both areas
- Improves complexion both in texture and colour, the face looks more relaxed but with firmer contours
- Helps to diminish jowls, fill out hollow cheeks, reduce puffiness around the eyes and eliminate double chins
- Releases tension and relaxes the upper part of the body, thus relieving headaches, stiff necks and general discomforts
- Promotes self confidence, self-esteem and a sense of inner wellbeing
- One feels lighter and more uplifted
Together with these facial exercises a supporting diet, essential supplements, a good skin care regime is recommended. Nourishing the skin inwardly through a good diet, essential supplements, relaxation, deep breathing and a positive approach to life reflects outwardly. Feeding and protecting the skin externally enhances this.
Being able to relax body and mind reflects in our whole persona and knowing how to relax releases stress and tension as well as building our resistance to it.
After undertaking the exercises one feels relaxed and yet energised, calm and focused.
In this video Ranjana Khan demonstrates a few effective facial exercises to enhance the face and neck: